Thursday, February 7, 2013

Simple Gestures

Today I discovered how simple gestures of kindness can be completely uplifting. I learned that there are actually nice people who do nice things for no apparent reason. 

Today I was feeling particularly sorry for myself on my way to work, my new job, where I have worked for three months, is not the dream job I had hoped it would be. I'm feeling hugely pregnant and a bit uncomfortable (less than 10 weeks to go!) and I am overly emotional. Lukas told me this morning that a kid called him stupid yesterday and it broke my heart. So... I thought I'd try to make myself feel better with a donut, why not right. 

I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts closest to me on my way to work and ordered an iced coffee and a chocolate frosted donut. When I pulled around to the pick up window, the person said the lady in front of you has paid for your order. 

I was shocked, though I had heard of it, I hadn't realized that people actually did it. I decided it was only right for me to pay for the person in line behind me. 

I drove away, emotional still, but feeling uplifted by the experience. 

1 comment:

tiffany said...

Hi there,
I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog. Do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks

Tiffany
Tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com